Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Watermelon Extravaganza!


Kendra
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
The friends at the as-yet-unnamed farm graciously welcomed the church and friends out to the farm for some watermelon bobbing. The weather was delicious as the melons and about as cool (although nowhere near as messy) and there was a great turnout.

Old friends and new, children and adults and some where the line is blurred all had a great time, so far as I could tell. It was also the first real music hootenanny to take place at Erewhon.

Great big sloppy thanks to the farm group!

=======
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

~George Bernard Shaw

I would never belong to a group that would accept someone like me as a member.

~Marx (Groucho)

The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life.

~Jane Addams

One definition of eternity is that we are not alone on this planet, that there are those who've gone before and those who will come, and that there is a community of spirits.

~Rita Dove

2 Comments:

At 8/30/07, 7:15 PM, Blogger hizgrase said...

Hi. I can't figure out how to leave message on this site. I posted comment on blog about steve p. holcombe. hope to hear from you and chatt..... i am direct decendant....he is my hero.

blessings.
would love to hear more about what jeff street is about.

 
At 8/31/07, 3:57 AM, Blogger Dan Trabue said...

Wow. Cool.

I'm Dan, keeper of the Blog, and you can write to me at paynehollow at yahoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home