Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Catching on...?


Kendra, Miranda and Roger
Originally uploaded by paynehollow.
We had, I reckon, 'bout six or seven cyclists at church this last Sunday. That's a record for us (not counting our Earth Day services, where we actually push for people to ride to church). This particular Sunday was just a high point in the growing trend to bike for a healthier creation.

In a church of under 100 people, we probably had nearly a tenth of the community on two wheels rather than four (and adding in the six or more folk who walk to church, we certainly had more than a tenth).

This is great Good News.

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.

~H.G. Wells

The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon.

~Bill Strickland

Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.

~Grant Petersen

I have been out wandering
I have traveled far
And one conclusion I have made
Is God don't own a car...

~Jimmy Buffett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home